Last year, I wanted to…
1. Grow as a photographer. I failed miserably when it came to completing the 52-week challenge that I chose. I did take a lot of photos, though. I even attempted photographing a couple of newborns, which thankfully were not the worst photos I’ve ever taken. For Christmas, I got a new camera to try out. It’s a Diana+ medium format camera, so I’m trying my hand at fun, lo-fi photos. I’m excited to see what these first few rolls of film will look like. Probably awful. I’m sure I’ll have loads of room for improvement.
2. Run a half marathon. I did it, loved it, and I’ve got my second coming up in February. Speaking of, I’m going to have to get to work on my costume soon!
3. Decorate my bedroom. Weeellll, I didn’t do it in the last house. When we moved in September, I at least replaced the bedding with something that looks nice, matches, etc. The whole room isn’t done, though. I may be doomed never to have a decorated master. It seems to be a recurring trend.
4. Organize my pantry. Did it. Moved. Did it again. The new one is staying pretty tidy, so far.
5. Make and accomplish a summer checklist. Nope. Didn’t even remember this one come summer.
6. Find a happy medium in healthy eating. I’m pretty certain this is an ongoing process. I didn’t gain 50 pounds in 2012, so that’s good. I still have a long way to go. I have eaten way too many sweets this Christmas.
7. Take the kids to Disney World. We went in June. And it was awesome. We’ll be back, Mr. Mouse. (Me sooner than the children. Hee hee…)
8. Get my front tooth fixed again. Did it. Unfortunately, it probably won’t be the last time it needs help.
9. Read more. Toward the end of the year, I pulled this off. I’m addicted to James Patterson murder mysteries right now. Thank goodness for e-libraries.
I’m sure I’ll have some new thoughts for 2013 soon. I’ll keep you posted!